Welcome to the Cullen College of Engineering! Attending your New Student Conference is the final step before you are officially a UH Cougar! Here are a few things you can do to prepare for your New Student Conference:
- Sign up for a New Student Conference through myUH.
- Follow the Engineering Orientation Team on Twitter for quick updates and reminders: UH Engr Orientation @FutureUHEngr
- Check your student account at accessuh.uh.edu to confirm your Bacterial Meningitis hold has been lifted. If this hold is still on your account when you attend orientation, you will not be able to register for any courses.
Preparing for NSO:
- Your engineering advisors require that you take the math placement exam PRIOR to attending orientation: https://online.math.uh.edu/MathPlacement/index.html. If you have not already done so, please complete the exam for MATH 1431 — Calculus I. You will be unable to register for most of your first semester courses without this placement score. Please complete this even if you believe you have AP credit for Calculus I. Since AP credits will not post until mid-summer, this will allow you to complete your registration at orientation. You can change your schedule accordingly later after AP credits have been made available.
Preparing for ART:
Log into your student account at accessuh.uh.edu and review your transferred credits.
- If any of your credits are missing, have you sent your most up-to-date official transcript to the university? If so, please let your advisor know during registration.
- Take note of any courses that transferred as ‘electives’ that you feel should be equivalent to a UH course. You can coordinate with your advisor to file a petition for equivalency.
- Log into your student account at accessuh.uh.edu and review your transferred credits.
We are looking forward to meeting you at your New Student Conference!
Please be aware that any student who elects to not enroll in the term they were admitted cannot carry that admissions decision forward to a future term and must reapply to the University of Houston. Students should contact the Division of Undergraduate Programs and Student Success Office with any questions regarding attending a later term New Student Conference.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Division of Undergraduate Programs and Student Success Office: 713-743-4200.