Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship Application
This scholarship application is open to current Cullen College of Engineering undergraduate students. The scholarships available through the Cullen College of Engineering Dean's Office are competitive and in general require:
- UH Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- UH Major GPA: 3.0
Successful completion of ENGI 1100, ENGI 1331, and one of the following courses that is required on your major degree plan:
- BIOE 2331
- CHEE 2331
- CIVE 2330
- ECE 2201
- INDE 2333
- MECE 2336
- PETR 2311
*** You will only be allowed to complete one (1) application as it is sufficient to be considered for all Dean’s Office Undergraduate Scholarships. It is recommended to complete this application on the computer and not a phone or tablet to avoid mistakes.
If there is a problem with your application, please email bgreen3 [at] central [dot] uh [dot] edu (Brandon Green).
Several endowments support scholarship awards for currently enrolled Cullen College of Engineering students, including:
- Roy and Lillie Cullen Scholarship
- Charles W. Geelen Educational Scholarship Endowment
- Thomas J. and Vera A. Stufflebeem Endowment
- Prem & Gaynelle Dewan Scholarship Endowment
- Chevron Scholarship Endowment
- The Robert W. Baldwin Pi Kappa Alpha Scholarship Endowment
- C. V. Kirkpatrick Engineering Scholarship Endowment
- Ronald and Bertha Lohec Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Margie Nell Eaves Seiver Scholarship Endowment
In addition, the following endowed scholarships have specific criteria that need be met. If you would like to be considered for one of these scholarships, please indicate the specific scholarship, and how you meet the criteria when you fill out the online application.
- Houston Gas Processors Association Midstream Endowed Scholarship
- Cobb/Fendley Scholarship Endowment
- Belgacem Lies Baghdadi Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Wilbur L. and Judy L. Meier Award Endowment Fund
- Houston Chapter American Petroleum Institute Scholarship Endowment
- Houston Chapter of the Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals Scholarship Endowment
- Baker Hughes Engineering Excellence Scholarship Endowment
- L. Douglas and Jeannette C. Power Endowment for Employed Engineering Students
- Leonard A. Porter Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Huitt-Zollars Endowed Scholarship
- Gerri and Larry Snider Endowed Scholarship
- Todd B. Colvin Scholarship Endowment
- Abraham E. Dukler Scholarship Endowment
- Bill and Gail McNeese Scholarship Endowment
- Simon Yee On Chow Endowed Scholarship
- Allen G. and Cleo V. Pike Jr. Scholarship Endowment
Only one application is needed to apply for all Dean's Office scholarships. Fill out the application here.
Application Deadline: Applications may be filed March 1 – May 1, 2019
Recommendations for awards are typically given by July 15th, before the priority deadline required by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. If a scholarship is awarded, it will be posted to the myUH account and can be checked looking under the Student Financials section.
NOTE: Not all of the Engineering Undergraduate Scholarships qualify for a tuition waiver.
The Texas Center for Superconductivity (TcSUH) offers the following scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students each year:
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Engineering Alumni Association
- Society of Iranian American Women for Education Scholarship
- Association of Energy Engineers Foundation Scholarships
- University of Houston Scholarships
- University of Houston Scholarship & Financial Aid Office
- University of Houston Foundation Scholarships
As a new student, tuition numbers can be scary. But with a wide array of scholarship and financial aid opportunities available at UH, college can truly become affordable.
The University of Houston and the Cullen College of Engineering offer many scholarship opportunities, and encourage you to also explore outside scholarship options on websites like FastWeb (www.fastweb.com), StudentScholarships.org, Collegeboard (www.collegeboard.org), Hispanic College Fund (hsf.net/en/scholarships), The National Data Base Scholarships (www.free-4u.com) and US College Scholarships and Grants (www.scholarshipsandgrants.us).
Learn more and apply for scholarships at www.uh.edu/financial/undergraduate/types-aid/scholarships.
Students can also compete for the Tier One Scholarship at http://www.uh.edu/tieronescholars/eligibility/Application/.
Learn more about Tier One Scholars at http://www.uh.edu/tieronescholars/ and the Tier One Scholarship: http://www.uh.edu/tieronescholars/eligibility/FAQ/
After two semesters of classes at UH, Cullen College students may apply for college-specific scholarships from the Dean’s Office. These scholarships are competitive and generally require a cumulative and major GPA of 3.0. In addition, several endowments support scholarship awards for currently enrolled Cullen College students annually.