Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship Application
This scholarship application is open to current Cullen College of Engineering undergraduate students. The scholarships available through the Cullen College of Engineering Dean's Office are competitive and in general require:
- UH Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- UH Major GPA: 3.0
- Successful completion of ENGI 1100, ENGI 1331, and one of the following courses that is required on your major degree plan:
- BIOE 2331
- CHEE 2331
- ECE 2201
- ENGR 2301
- INDE 2333
- MECE 2336
- PETR 2311
*** You will only be allowed to complete one (1) application as it is sufficient to be considered for all Dean’s Office Undergraduate Scholarships. It is recommended to complete this application on the computer and not a phone or tablet to avoid mistakes.
If there is a problem with your application, please email jmoore [at] central.uh.edu (Jemal Moore).
Several endowments support scholarship awards for currently enrolled Cullen College of Engineering students. In addition, the following endowed scholarships have specific criteria that need be met. If you would like to be considered for one of these scholarships, please indicate the specific scholarship, and how you meet the criteria when you fill out the online application.
- 40th Anniversary PROMES/Shell Engineering Retirees Scholarship Endowment in Honor of Dr. Katherine S. Zerda & Dr. Gerhard Paskusz
- Abraham E. Dukler Scholarship Endowment
- Allen G. and Cleo V. Pike, Jr. Scholarship Endowment
- Ashok K. Moza Foundation Scholarship
- Bayliss McInnis Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Belgacem Lies Baghdadi Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Bertha "Bo" Johnston Lohec Engineering Endowed Scholarship
- Bill and Gail McNeese Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Brij and Sunita Agrawal Presidential Endowed Scholarship
- C. V. Kirkpatrick Engineering Scholarship Endowment
- Charles W. Geelan Educational Scholarship Quasi Endowment
- Chevron Scholarship Endowment
- Cobb/Fendley Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Cobb/Fendley Scholarship Endowment in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- College of Engineering Quasi Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Dr. Victor A. Zaloom Scholarship Endowment in Industrial Engineering
- Durga D. and Sushila Agrawal Scholarship Endowment
- Friends of Jeanne Scholarship Endowment
- Gerri and Larry Snider Endowed Scholarship in Honor of Vita Como
- Herb Kent Endowed Scholarship
- Houston Chapter American Petroleum Institute Scholarship Endowment
- Houston Chapter of the Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals Scholarship Endowment
- Huitt-Zollars Endowed Scholarship in the Cullen College of Engineering
- Jim and Lynn Kaucher Endowed Scholarship
- Kathryn Weaver Endowed Scholarship
- Klotz Associates, Inc. Scholarship Endowment
- L. Douglas and Jeannette C. Power Endowment for Employed Engineering Students
- Leonard A. Porter Memorial Scholarship Endowment in Engineering
- Lone Star College Kingwood Campus Scholarship
- Long Family Scholarship Endowment
- Mackrena L. and Michael A. Ramos Endowment
- Margie Nell Eaves Seiver Scholarship Endowment
- Prem and Gaynelle Dewan Scholarship Endowment
- PROMES/Student Success Endowment
- R. P. Doss Houston Contractors Association Endowment Fund
- Raj Kumar Syal Endowed Scholarship in Engineering
- Ronald and Bertha Lohec Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Roy and Lillie Cullen Scholarship Fund
- Seetharam Endowed Scholarship in Engineering
- Simon Yee On Chow Endowed Scholarship
- Society of Iranian American Women for Education Scholarship Endowment
- The Baker Hughes Engineering Excellence Scholarship Endowment Fund
- The Frank Padula Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- The Houston GPA Midstream Endowed Scholarship
- The Robert W. Baldwin Pi Kappa Alpha Scholarship Endowment
- Thomas J. and Vera A. Stufflebeem Endowment
- Timothy Ray Sturm Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Todd B. Colvin Scholarship Endowment
- Vita Como Endowed Scholarship
- Wayne Joseph Andrade Student Leadership Endowed Scholarship
- Wilbur L. and Judy L. Meier Award Endowment Fund
Only one application is needed to apply for all Dean's Office scholarships. Fill out the application here.
Applications may be filed March 1 – May 13, 2023.
Recommendations for awards are typically given by July 15th, before the priority deadline required by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. If a scholarship is awarded, it will be posted to the myUH account and can be checked looking under the Student Financials section.
NOTE: Not all of the Engineering Undergraduate Scholarships qualify for a tuition waiver.
The Texas Center for Superconductivity (TcSUH) offers the following scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students each year:
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Engineering Alumni Association
- Society of Iranian American Women for Education Scholarship
- Association of Energy Engineers Foundation Scholarships
- AmericanMuscle Student Scholarship
- University of Houston Scholarships
- University of Houston Scholarship & Financial Aid Office
- University of Houston Foundation Scholarships
As a new student, tuition numbers can be scary. But with a wide array of scholarship and financial aid opportunities available at UH, college can truly become affordable.
The University of Houston and the Cullen College of Engineering offer many scholarship opportunities, and encourage you to also explore outside scholarship options on websites like FastWeb (www.fastweb.com), StudentScholarships.org, Collegeboard (www.collegeboard.org), Hispanic College Fund (hsf.net/scholarship), The National Data Base Scholarships (www.free-4u.com) and US College Scholarships and Grants (www.scholarshipsandgrants.us).
Learn more and apply for scholarships at www.uh.edu/financial/undergraduate/types-aid/scholarships.
Students can also compete for the Tier One Scholarship at www.uh.edu/tieronescholars.
After two semesters of classes at UH, Cullen College students may apply for college-specific scholarships from the Dean’s Office. These scholarships are competitive and generally require a cumulative and major GPA of 3.0. In addition, several endowments support scholarship awards for currently enrolled Cullen College students annually.