Undergraduate Academic Policies
Updated College guidelines will be sent for each hiring with current due dates and any revised policies and procedures.
Business staff must maintain all documentation from chair/director on hiring non-tenure faculty. If business staff receives hiring information from chair/director later than 10 days before start date, business staff must upload document from chair/director to ePAR. If business staff does receive information 10 days before start date, the business staff must prepare ePAR and submit to CBA 7 days before start date. CBA will review, approve and forward to the Provost’s Office 5 working days prior to employee’s start date.
Full Faculty folder
Upload each document individually to ePAR under the correct heading.(PDF files)
- Letter justifying no Terminal Degree in the teaching discipline (if necessary).
- Personal Data Sheet and I-9 confirmation receipt for initial faculty appointment and/or for appointment after separation from employment of 1 year or more.
- Faculty Pay Option form (if applicable)
- Outside Consulting form (if applicable)
Send originals documents to Dean’s Office, 402 AH (who is uploading these documents to the ePAR)
- Faculty Employment Acceptance form – with section I, II, III signed
- Approval Of Hiring
Original Transcript –
- Required for all advanced degrees including those in progress.
- Credential Evaluation if degree is from a non- US institution.
Procedures to Reappointment Non-Tenure Faculty
- Non-Tenure Track Reappointment forms are completed in the Department and signed by the chair. Do not handwrite the form!
- Forms are submitted (hard-copies) to me by mid July
- Forms are matched to the approved budget & are approved by the Dean
- Forms are returned to the DBA to be signed by the faculty member.
- The signed form is uploaded to the ePAR and submitted to workflow.
- The ePARs are due to the Dean’s office by August 1st
Documents required for reappointments
Rehire – Non Tenure Track/Non-Overloads
- Hire ePAR
Non Tenure Track Faculty Reappointment form uploaded to ePAR.
- Signed by Dept Chair & Employee
- A new Faculty Pay Options form is required for all non-tenure track faculty, Visiting/Clinical/instructional, who wish to be paid over 12 months.
Rehire with 1 year break in service - Additional documents required.
- Signup package
- Transcripts if degree is in progress or completed since previous appointment.