Class of 2020 Commencement
Friday, August 13 at 9am at the Fertitta Center.
If you have questions about University of Houston commencement, please email director [at] uh.edu.
Commencement Contact at the Cullen College of Engineering
- Undergraduate students may contact Kelly Schulz in call 832-842-4840
- Graduate students may contact Miranda Vernon-Harrison, mavernon-harrison [at] uh.edu in Room E421-D3 or call 713-743-3395
Important Dates and Additional Information
- All graduates that submitted an RSVP will have a link to download four (4) tickets emailed to them on Friday, July 16.
- All guests (regardless of age) will require a ticket to enter the venue, this includes infants and children. Graduates will not need a ticket.
- Tickets will be general admission and seating will be on a first come, first served basis.
- The tickets will be coming from tickets [at] central.uh.edu and will be sent to the email address provided when the RSVP was submitted.
- Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you have not received the link to download your tickets.
- Please be sure to download your tickets prior to attending your event.
- Once a barcode on a ticket has been scanned, that ticket will no longer be valid. Duplicated tickets will not be accepted.
- If you have not received your tickets by the end of the day on Friday, July 16, please contact the proper venue with the information listed below.
Houston Athletics Ticket Office
tickets [at] uh.edu
Cullen Performance Hall
//cphguest [at] central.uh.edu">cphguest [at] central.uh.edu
All ceremonies will be live streamed for those who are unable to attend in person.
The link will go live with a countdown one hour before the ceremony begins. The ceremonies videos will also be available for future viewing.
Cap and Gown
Please visit the Herff Jones Website to order your cap and gown. The deadline to place online orders is Wednesday, July 14. For regalia questions, please contact the UH Campus Store at 713-741-7095 or email campusstore [at] uh.edu.
We encourage you to regularly check the commencement website, as event plans could change based on current COVID-19 conditions. Additionally, we will email you any pertinent information leading up to the ceremonies.
We look forward to welcoming many of you back to campus for this special celebration.
If you have questions, please contact us at director [at] uh.edu.
Please continue to check the university commencement website, www.uh.edu/commencement for the most current information.
International Travel and Safety Guidelines
International travel guidelines for students can be found in the following link. This outlines the protocols that have been established by the UH COVID-19 Task Force.
The University of Houston is committed to hosting in-person commencement ceremonies, therefore we will continue to follow health and safety guidelines.
- Masks will be worn by everyone. If you are planning on wearing a face shield, you must wear a mask with it.
- Socially-distanced, reserved seating will be implemented at all commencement venues.
- Ceremony venues will maintain up to 25% capacity.
There will be no tailgate parties allowed on campus before or after ceremonies.
Summer Graduation Application Deadline
Friday, July 9th, 2021: Deadline to apply online for Summer 2021 graduation with non-refundable $25 fee. Go to myUH (Peoplesoft) to apply.
*Please complete the name phonetic section of the graduation application.