Undergraduate Academic Policies
The degree plan is the required curriculum specified in the applicable college catalog. Students may continue under the degree plan in effect when they first entered a given major at UH, provided the plan is not more than seven years old and continuous enrollment is maintained. If a student returns after an absence of more than 13 months, he/she will fall under the new program in effect at the time of return. A student may choose to follow any degree plan in effect after the earliest for which he/she is eligible.
General Requirements for a Baccalaureate Degree
- Students must complete core curriculum requirements.
- Students must complete all course requirements of the major.
- Students must earn a 2.00 minimum grade point average in courses attempted at UH (including repeated courses).
- Students must earn a 2.00 minimum grade point average in courses attempted in their major at UH (including repeated courses).
- A catalog more than seven years old shall not be used at the time of graduation.
- 3000–4000 level courses in the student's major must be taken within seven years of graduation.
- Students must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of engineering courses in residence at UH. These 30 hours must be courses that count toward the bachelor's degree.
Some departments may have additional rules; please consult with the departmental advisor.