The recipient(s) of the scholarship will be determined by the Cullen College of Engineering Scholarship Selection Committee based on the following criteria:
- Scholarship applicant must be currently enrolled at the Cullen College of Engineering pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Preference given to Engineering students who are fluent in both English and Farsi.
- Scholarship applicant must be a certified full-time undergraduate with a 2.5 GPA or above or a graduate degree-seeking student with a 3.0 GPA or above, in good standing at the University of Houston.
- Scholarship recipient must maintain a GPA in accordance with the standards set by the Cullen College of Engineering.
- Scholarship recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with The Society of Iranian American Women for Education Scholarship.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
Application Deadline: Application may be filed at any time, although decisions about awards are made in mid-summer before the Fall semester.