A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation from the master's or doctoral programs. Grades awarded from a completed
- Telecommunication Internships,
- Graduate seminar,
- Undergraduate prerequisites,
- Course from the College of Technology,
- Courses not approved by graduate advisor
will not be included in the cumulative GPA at the time of graduation, i.e., the 3.0 GPA required for graduation must be earned independently from thesis, dissertation, seminar, or project grades.
- The cumulative GPA and the Four-C Rule (see next section) requirements are based upon all of the student's graduate work taken at the University of Houston, including repeated courses, for which grade point values are assigned.
- In addition, grades from graduate courses transferred from other universities are not included in the cumulative GPA for graduation.