Six students from the Cullen College of Engineering at the University of Houston have been honored by the Great Minds in STEM organization as 2020 scholars, and been rewarded with scholarships.
For more than 30 years, GMiS has served as an educational and national 501(c)3 nonprofit, whose vision is to be a national leader in keeping America technologically strong by promoting science, technology, engineering and math careers, especially in underserved communities.
The list of University of Houston students receiving scholarships, and the sponsors for those scholarships, are:
- The Boeing Company: Jose Vargas, senior, Mechanical Engineering
- Davila/Treviño Memorial Scholarships: Nina Contreras, junior, Mechanical Engineering
- Davila/Treviño Memorial Scholarships: Emanuel Sanchez, sophomore, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Dow Chemical: Aaron Perez, Masters, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Rui Vogt Alves da Cruz Family Scholarship: Lupita Herrera, sophomore, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Villarreal Family Scholarship: Arturo Velazquez, senior, Biomedical Engineering
For more information and a full list of scholars, visit GMiS.