The Engineering Alumni Awards program was established in 1987 to recognize alumni, faculty and friends of the University of Houston Cullen College of Engineering and the Engineering Alumni Association for significant contributions to society and the profession. The recipients are honored at the annual engineering alumni awards gala, held each year in June.
2019 Cullen College of Engineering Alumni Awards Gala
The 2019 Cullen College of Engineering Alumni Awards Gala will be held on Thursday, June 6, 2019.
Location: Bayou City Event Center, Magnolia Ballroom
9401 Knight Road, Houston, TX. 77045
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Time: 6-7pm - cocktail reception
7pm - dinner and program
RSVP coming soon.
2019 EAA Gala Nominations
Nominate a Cullen College of Engineering alumni for a 2019 EAA Gala award! Click here to download the nomination packet.
Completed nomination packets must be submitted to:
Emily Ammons McGovern
UH Cullen College of Engineering
4722 Calhoun Road, E421
Houston, TX 77204-4007
E-mail: emcgovern [at] uh [dot] edu
Benton F. Baugh, P.E., Ph.D. (BSME '67)
Cynthia Oliver Coleman, P.E. (BSChE '71)
Dean C. Rietz, P.E. (MSPETE '92, MHM '94)
Carlos A. Chiquillo (BSME '04, MBA '10)
Matteo Marongiu-Porcu, Ph.D. (MSPETE '07)
A Special Thank You to Our 2018 Sponsors!
Premier Platinum Sponsor
- Paula & Benton Baugh, Ph.D., P.E. (’67)
Signature Silver Sponsors
- Sushila & The Honorable Durga D. Agrawal, Ph.D., P.E. (M.S. ’69, Ph.D.,’74)
- Jim L. Culpepper & Associates, P.C.
- Cynthia Oliver Coleman, P.E. (’71)
- Fluor Corporation
- Centerpoint Energy
- PRD Land Development Services, LLC
- Cynthia Oliver Coleman, P.E. (’71), National Society of Black Engineers & Society of Women Engineers
- Ryder Scott Company, L.P.
- Costello Engineering & Surveying
- Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc.
- Electrical Engineering Department
- Petroleum Engineering Department
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Department
- Biomedical Engineering Department
- Civil & Environmental Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Industrial Engineering Department
- University of Houston Alumni Association
- PROMES Program
- Cynthia Oliver Coleman, P.E. (’71), UH Women In Engineering
- Dannenbaum Engineering
- HR Green, Inc.
- Nancy & The Honorable Joe Zimmerman, P.E. (’83)
- Raba Kistner, Inc.
- Geotech Engineering & Testing
- Rebecca & Michael D. Lacy, P.E. (’85)
- Michael A. Ramos (’00) & Mackrena Ramos, P.E. (’99)
Student & Scholarship Sponsors
- Texas Premier Healthcare
- Yamile Jackson, Ph.D., P.E., PMP (’91, MSIE ’94, Ph.D. ’00)
- Ashley Jadine Foundation
- Yellow Rose Distilling