Frequently Used Links and Forms
Costs & Financial Aid
- UH Graduate School
- Graduate Catalog
- Thesis/Dissertation Guide
- Graduate Tuition Fellowship (GTF)
Application for Non-Resident Tuition Waiver:
- This form is used for a variety of special requests regarding a student’s academic records, including leaves of absence. It can be initiated by the student or by the department and must be approved at all of the required levels before being processed by the Graduate School. Note: All petitions are submitted to the academic personnel in the student's department or program to begin the approval/disapproval process. For assistance, see the instructions document.
Graduate and Professional Student Petition
Inter-Institutional Course Registration Form:
- The University of Houston (UH) has a reciprocal arrangement with selected regional universities that enables enrolled, full-time graduate students to take graduate-level course work at those participating institutions. Institutions participating in this inter-institutional agreement are Baylor College of Medicine, Rice University, the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and the University of Texas Medical Branch. The agreement with these institutions provides for special admission arrangements, procedures for registration, and posting of final grades. To be eligible to utilize this program, a student must meet the following criteria: enrolled full-time (including the proposed inter-institutional course), the course involved must cover a topic not being offered at the UH main campus, and the course must be required for student’s degree plan.
Students are prohibited from participating in the inter-institutional program during the term in which they intend to graduate. Students are limited to no more than 6 credit hours of inter-institutional work in a single term and no more than 12 credit hours total. Students should initiate this process by completing an Inter-institutional Course Registration Form and submit it to the Office of the University Registrar in the Welcome Center. In all cases, the student bears the responsibility for completing all necessary paperwork, obtaining all required signatures, and delivering documents between the institutions. Failure to complete the full registration process may invalidate the credit earned at the partner institution. Students will be enrolled in special course numbers and billed tuition and fees at the UH. Payment for inter-institutional coursework must be made on time according to the university's fee payment calendar along with all other coursework being taken at UH during that term.
Inter-Institutional Course Registration Form
Medical/Administrative Term Withdrawal Request:
- This form is used when a student is withdrawing from a term for documented medical or administrative reasons (including military deployment and death of an immediate family member). Appropriate documentation should be attached to the request. Doctoral students should also attach a Graduate & Professional Student Petition requesting a leave of absence, and international students should attach a completed and approved Reduced Course Load form. Withdrawal paperwork is submitted to the academic personnel in the student's department or program to begin the approval/disapproval process.
Medical/Administrative Term Withdrawal Request Form
Thesis/Dissertation Special Circumstance Request:
- This form is used when a student has a special request regarding their electronic thesis or dissertation (ETD) that falls outside the standard processes for submission & release of their research document. The most common uses of this form include: requesting an embargo extension and requesting a full record hold. The form is submitted to gradschool [at] uh.edu.
Thesis/Dissertation Special Circumstance Form
Student-Initiated Drop Form:
- After the twelfth day of classes (Official Reporting Day) [4th class day in summer terms], students must gain their instructor's signature to drop a class. This form must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar in the Welcome Center by the close of business of the last day to drop a class. On or before the twelfth day of classes, students have access to drop classes online through myUH.
Student Initiated Drop Form
Student-Initiated Term Withdrawal:
- After the first day of classes each semester, students wishing to drop all of their classes for the semester must complete this form to request a full term withdrawal. Additionally, if this request occurs after the twelfth day of classes, the student must also submit a student-initiated drop form for each class. Also, international students also have to attach a completed and approved Reduced Course Load form with this request. Doctoral students should also complete a Graduate & Professional Student Petition requesting a leave of absence after getting approved for a term withdrawal.
UH Official Term Withdrawal Form