General Information

Mail: University of Houston
Cullen College of Engineering
E421 Engineering Bldg 2, 4722 Calhoun Rd, Houston, TX 77204-4007
Map & Driving Directions (includes parking information)
Email: info [at] egr [dot] uh [dot] edu


University of Houston Cullen College of Engineering

Graduate Academic Policies

Credit Level Changes

Printer-friendly versionSend by emailPDF version

Credit Level Changes

This includes graduate scholarship or fellowship recipients and TAs and RAs.

  • A graduate student may apply up to six semester credit hours taken as a post baccalaureate (PB) student toward a master's degree with departmental and college approval. No course applied to complete the requirements for a prior degree can be used to satisfy the requirements for a later degree. A written request to change credit-level must be submitted through the departmental Graduate Advisor to the departmental Graduate Admissions Assistant for approval within one year after receiving notice of acceptance into the graduate program.
  • Courses taken by a PB student who doesn't qualify for admission to graduate school because of a deficient GPA cannot be transferred to graduate credit after the PB student has been admitted to a graduate program.