- Featuring Richard Willson: Richard Willson
- Featuring Ravi Birla: Homemade Hearts
- Featuring Jose Luis Contreras-Vidal: Robot Legs
- Petroleum Engineering Program
- Featuring Vincent Tam and Michael Nikolaou: Antibiotics Model
- Featuring Dmitri Litvinov: Featuring Badri Roysam: Prosthetics
- Featuring Gino Lim: Gino Lim
- Featuring Mike Harold: Texas Diesel Testing & Research Center
- Featuring Ji Chen: Engineering Cures
- Featuring Venkat Selvamanickam: Applied Research Hub
UH Student Develops Self Heating Concrete
July 7, 2010
Christiana Chang lives where temperatures rarely dip low enough to produce snow let alone ice. Yet in a lab at the University of Houston she is in the midst of perfecting something that just may garner a smile from those in regions where wintery weather wreaks havoc on commutes: Self-heating roads.
Buffalo Soldiers Project
May 19, 2010
University of Houston Engineering Prof. Ali Kamrani, working with the Smithsonian and Buffalo Soldiers museum, has used rapid prototype technolgoy to recreate the skulls of 3 post Civil War Buffalo Soldiers recovered from a desecrated burial site in New Mexico. A forensic sculptor used the skull replications to give a face to the soldiers. It's a part of a museum exhibit in honor of the Buffalo Soldiers.