The UH Cullen College of Engineering, the UH College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics, and the UH Division of Research are proud to present the upcoming NSF Innovation Corps (iCorps) Workshop on September 12 and September 13.
UH faculty that receive or are eligible for NSF funding are invited to attend the iCorps Workshop. The NSF iCorps program is designed to foster entrepreneurship, accelerate the commercialization of NSF funded research, and create a “national innovative ecosystem.” The purpose of the workshop is to inform, raise awareness, and prepare faculty who are interested in participating in the program.
- iCorps Workshop on September 12 will include an overview by the NSF of the program, the connection between the iCorps approach and the “Lean University,” and a panel session with iCorps experienced researchers and participants.
- Morning Session for Business & Community Leaders, Entrepreneurs, Investors on September 13 will feature a morning session on the iCorps mentor program for Houston-based entrepreneurs and investors.
Workshop presenters are highly experienced in the iCorps program and include:
- Dr. Rathindra DasGupta, program director, NSF iCorps
- Keith McGreggor, director, Venture Lab, Georgia Tech
- Cheryl Vickroy, director, Center for Technology Commercialization, interim associate director, Division of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, UW Extension, iCorps Mentor
- Dr. Debora Rodrigues, assistant professor, Environmental Engineering, UH, iCorps Principal Investigator
- T.J. Wainerdi, business director, Energy Research, Mechanical Engineering, UH, iCorps Entrepreneurial Lead
The event will be held at the UH Energy Research Park, Building 4, Room 104.
For more information, please contact lcrobertson [at] uh [dot] edu (Lisa Robertson), executive director of external relations at the UH Cullen College of Engineering.