Understanding the Entrepreneurial Landscape: What Women STEM Faculty Need to Know
Date: September 28, 2012
Sponsored by the UH Deans of the Colleges of Engineering, Natural Sciences & Mathematics, and Technology, and the BioScience Research Collaborative (BRC), Rice University.
Registration is required to attend this event.
Please note that there is no cost to attend the event, however there is a $9.00 fee for parking in Hilton Hotel underground garage. Paid parking is also available at the UH Welcome Center.
- Danong Chen, Ph.D., CEO, MetronomX
- Teresa Esser, Managing Director, Silicon Pastures Angel Investment Network
- Mary C. (Cindy) Farach-Carson, Ph.D., Vice Provost for Translational Bioscience, Scientific Director of BioScience Research Collaborative, Rice University
- Lauren Flanagan, Managing Partner, Belle Capital, LP; Managing Partner, Phenomenelle Angels Fund; CEO, SCIO Corporation
- David M. Schubert, Executive Director, Houston Area Translational Research Consortium (HATRC)
- Cathy A. Trower, Research Director, COACHE, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Harvard University
- Cheryl Vickroy, Interim Associate Director, Division of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, UW; Interim Director, Wisconsin Entrepreneur's Network
Join us to discuss:
- the unique experiences and challenges that women entrepreneurs face, particularly in an academic environment
- how to evaluate an invention's potential for commercialization and patentability
- how to pick a "good" angel investor, assess incubators, build translational partnerships at universities without a medical school, and more